Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thirty Day Challenge Day 1

So ill be affectionately naming the thirty day challenge "Identity Crisis"

I'm not really sure how all of this is going to work. For those who have been christians awhile God may branch you out in another way to show you more about yourself. This is really what YOU make it.

For Day 1 I'd like to start by making a list of qualities or personality traits. There can be as many or as few as you want to be. They can be values or things that you think are important as well. I think the main focus for the first couple days is going to be based around COMPLETE AND TOTAL HONESTY. Be real with yourself about your character even the bad stuff. Im willing to show anyone and everyone out there my Flaws and expose who i am to my core in order to really commit to these thirty days.

So that being said here is my List:


Confident
Sarcastic
Intelligent
Empathetic / Compassionate
Honest
Honor my parents and others
Hard working/ motivated
Pretty (Possibly even a little vain I admit)
Outgoing
Selfish (I will again admit I have my moments)

Theres more and more that I could put on my list but this gives us a good basis to start. so What does the bible say about these things? How do we even go about searching for these things in the bible? Alot of teen bibles and some others will have a list in the back of words. find the trait and on your list and see if you can locate the word and the verses associated with it.

If you dont have a bible, or Bible software on the computer where you can search for keywords try typing it into google "what does the bible say about confidence?"

Heres what I got:

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and Confident. Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you."

what about Vanity?

1 Samuel 16:7 "Do not look on his apperance or on the height of his stature. for the Lord does not see as Man sees: Man looks on the outward appearance but Lord looks on the heart."

Clearly these are two very different things. God shows us through his word that Some of the Traits we have are good and we are encouraged to keep these. Others like the desire to be pretty can quickly turn to vanity which while might not be outright harmful to others it can quickly turn into something harmful  and detrimental to ourselves.

How often have we passed up friendships or relationships with people because they werent up to par with what we though we wanted or needed?

Then again a worse thought...

How many times could someone have looked at us and done the same thing? That kind of puts it into perspective for you doesnt it?

i Enourage you through the first day to make a list of your traits and search what the bible has to say about them. God might reveal to you that certain traits arent so great. And You might find that by putting your focus in a certain direction you can alter this trait to be something positive in your life! Such as Competitive can become confidence - youll just drop the ego out of the equation.

ive decided to do my video recordings but im not sure how or when i will be posting them as of yet.








No comments:

Post a Comment