Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love Letter

Do you recall receiving a Love Letter? No? How about writing one? Still nothing?

If you could write a love letter what would it say?

You're beautiful. I admire you. You're courageous I wish I had your traits. You make my life better. I cant live without you. I love you.

It would be something personal, something intimate. Something written in a fashion that will tell the other person you know them, and you appreciate them. The way your love letter is written would carry a tone so that the receiver of such a letter would know who is writing to them.

The Bible is often called Gods Love Letter. But too many times the letter is read by the wrong person and the tone carried with it isn't what God meant for it to be. The tone and interpretation of a letter read by anyone but whom it was originally addressed can come out distorted. Relationships are ever fluctuating. they are intimate and personal for those involved. there are few actual "rules for relationships" everyone is different so are the parameters and expectations on these human relationships.

My mother has three children. Myself and two boys, one 16 the other 13. The relationships between my mother and her children are all different. For example, the way my mother communicates with me is extremely different from the way my mother communicates with my youngest brother. Mine and my brothers interest differ greatly thus the way we learn and react to situations is different as well. We are two Different people. My mother never changes, she is the same person. Her values don't change, her actions don't change she is who she always has been regardless of which of her children she's speaking to.

Relationships are personalized. They are what we make them. Just because God may speak to you in a different way than he does someone else doesn't mean that you are any better or any worse than that other person. We are all different! why wouldn't our relationships with God all be different as well? You cant put a relationship into a box and conform it to someone else's standards or to  please other people. What kind of relationship would that be?

If youre reading this Gods Love Letter for you is simple. He accepts you, He loves you beyond anything! He loves the long purple stripe in your hair! He loves your tattoos! He loves your nose piercing and ear spike!

He sees you...the real you. And youre accepted

No comments:

Post a Comment